slow down

Tim - Renton, Washington

I believe that the world needs to slow down. When I wake up in the morning I have to get dressed, find something to eat, and rush out the door just so I make it in time for the bus. Once school starts I end up finding out that there was a million assignments that I forgot to do, and I have to find some time in the first four hours of the day to do them along with including all the assignments I get in each of my classes. Once my work is done the school day is over I get on the bus and go home. Once I enter the door the first things I hear are “what do you have for homework.” I respond usually by saying “math and…” then I go to my room. I believe that the most important part of my day is the part where I can slow down; this is needed for me to be able to do three important things; relax, reenergize, and reboot.

I believe the world needs to slow down. In my experience I know that I need to relax. Relaxing allows me to do some of the things I like to do like play games or watch TV. By doing these things it keeps me from stressing out on my homework. When I am not allowed to relax I am easily angered and annoyed.

After I relax I need to be reenergized. Reenergizing for me means finding a snack to eat so I can get the extra energy that I need to push forward. When I don’t eat I usually get headaches, which make me agitated, this makes it hard for me to concentrate. Once I get some food I am reenergized and ready for action.

After my snack it is time for me to reboot. To reboot means that I get back into the pace of the world. To do this I usually get all my homework out and start with the easier tasks like math. When I don’t start with the easier tasks I usually end up deciding not to do them in exchange for larger more important projects. When I do this I get yelled at which makes me stressed which makes me want to rush. And when I rush I make mistakes.

All three of these things make it so I don’t get stressed. So if everybody took a little time for themselves then they would be less irritable which is why I believe that the world needs to slow down.