Savannah - Lexington, Kentucky
Themes: work

I believe in working hard for what you get. Opportunity has and still does knock, and sometimes all you have to do is answer. However, I still believe that hard work will get you the best kind of results.

My dad always taught me that work was important. He said that whatever we did, we should always do our best. I don’t know what you think about that, but I think it makes a whole lot of sense. You get out what you put in. And while we joked that dear old dad was something of a workaholic, he knew the importance of other things too.

Doing your best is not always easy. Some days, you just don’t feel like it. Other times, it’s simply a difficult task, whether it’s because of stress, other activities or simply just not having all the time you wanted.

These days, not everyone lives up to his or her word. It’s almost become something quaint. It is just one of those little things that seems a little out of place. Not wrong by any stretch of the imagination, just something out of the ordinary.

The most successful people aren’t necessarily the ones with the most money, or the best job, or even the nicest possessions. Sometimes they’re the people who get up and go to work everyday, and always showing up and doing what they say they’ll do.

Working hard brings you opportunities. And I know that sometimes, things aren’t going to work out the fair way. That’s life. As Thomas Edison said, “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense;” this, I do indeed believe.