Study Aboard

Yishi - IN47306, Indiana

Nowadays, more and more students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Then why studying abroad is so attractive even though it often means greater expense and more difficulties? As an international student myself, I believe that we are benefit considerably from our foreign study experience.

As the growth of the global economics, the modern world needs people to have comprehensive knowledge and experiences. The world is no longer a separated one in which each part can afford to be totally independent. The communication and interchange in fields of culture, business, finance and other human activities are so frequent and vigorous that the general or specific knowledge of other members of the global village turns to be most important to the prosperity of the country, or the success of a people. This kind of knowledge is usually bettered achieved if pursued abroad. These are what we cannot learn from books.

Furthermore, foreign experiences improve one’s willpower and ability of adjusting to a new environment, and one’s capability to overcome various hardships and setbacks. Young people are considered aggressive and ambitious. Their success is not based on comfort or easiness, but on their incessant painstaking effort and their never-ending willingness to surpass themselves. In a foreign country they are confronted with greater challenges, more unsteadiness and less help from their families and friends. It is a band-new world to international students. All the education system even the whole social system is different from what we have in our own country. You must adapt to it and learn how to live in this new world by your own power. Your families and friends are too far to help you; you need to make some new friends by yourself. All these undoubtedly lead to an independent, self-supporting, resourceful person who will also be sympathetic and generous to other people around.

With these advantages, we may conclude that the foreign study experience enlarges a student’s view of the world, as well as improves one’s personality and character, which will guarantee a more splendid future in our life and career. Though I may feel lonely, helpless and homesick sometimes, I still believe that this study abroad experiences will bring me some basic skills to success.