what i believe

stephen - salt lake city, Utah

I believe I don’t know what is going to happen when I die and that’s okay. I don’t go to any church and I think that’s alright. Now I don’t have a grudge against organized religion I think religion can be one of the best things in the world for some people. Religions teach great things like love your neighbor and help the poor these are things I think are very important, however this is only done because we believe we will be rewarded in the afterlife.

I’ve heard people say how depressing it would be to believe that after you die that is it. I look at this in a much different way just think you’ll never be the at the same place or time again. Any experience you have is unique and will never happen again.

So maybe when I die I’ll go to heaven and may nothing at all will happen, but that doesn’t matter because I’m alive right now.