Emotional Strength

Bobby - East Hampton, New York
Themes: death

I believe in emotional strength. I believe in the ability of the human mind and body to cope with different situations.

On October 10, 2004, my Poppa, Joseph Dunn, passed away. He was a brilliant, kind- hearted and honorable man who was loved by, not only his family, but his community. My Nana, Patricia Reilly, and he were deeply in love with one another. They had been married for a little over fifty years but together for much longer. They were there for each other through the good times and the bad times, and Nana was there when my Poppa took his last breath of air. His death seemed very surreal and sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday I gave him my final hug and kiss goodbye. My grandmother was devastated and her heartache may last for the rest of her years but my Nana is a very strong woman. She had the ability to stay strong for her family and start her “new” life. She has moved to a nice neighborhood and has been making new friends and she seems extremely happy with her life. I have a great amount of admiration for my grandmother. Although he will always be in her heart and mind, she will live her life happily until they someday meet again.

I believe in emotional strength. This I believe.