this i believe in the army

johnathan - USA

This I believe

I believe that the military has made me more aware of my surroundings. I go about everyday life as if noting has changed. Once a month me and the other soldiers meet in Fort Brag to train, which really is no big deal compared to war. In the back of my mind the thought of going to Iraq and staying a year and a half makes me think about how easy I have it now.

One of these days I am going to go to Iraq, I am going to miss my friends and family so much. I believe that I have to spend more time with my friends and family while I still have time. I have been in the Army National Guard for two and a half years now, it has been a great experience for me, and every one should have at least three years experience in some kind of military.

Once I go over seas it will be hard on my girlfriend and me. The war has made the divorce rate go up a lot and I don’t know what that means for people with girlfriends. The out come doesn’t look good for me, but I believe that she is a strong woman and will wait for me.

I believe that I am a survivor and any thing that the war troughs at me my fellow soldiers and I will be able to take care of it. The Army is like a second family to me and we stick to gather no matter what happens. I will gladly go to war with them because I believe that they have my back.