I Believe In Family

Garrett - spring branch, Texas

I Believe In Family

Who needs encouragement? Who needs support? Who needs love? The answer to all three of these questions is, “I do”. I look to my family for these three things. I believe having a close-knit family is important.

Family can give you many things. One thing my “kinfolk” give me is prayers. Unfortunately, throughout my life I have had medical issues. My family has had to pray for my recovery and recuperation many times. Without my close-knit family’s prayers, I’m not sure I would have gotten well.

My clan has also given my encouragement and support. Continuing my education was a very hard decision for me. My OCD and shyness make it very difficult for me to be in new situations. Going to college seemed like something I would never be able to do. But, with my family’s support and encouragement, I found the courage to take online classes. I think this is my first step to getting a college degree.

Family does not judge you; they love you no matter what you do. When I was small, I accidentally shot a hole in my grandparent’s closet wall. Yes, they were upset, but not with me. They were upset at themselves for not having the deer rifle locked away.

When I get together with my extended family we spend hours laughing and joking with each other. We always play football or baseball and have a great time together.

Having a close-knit family is what’s important. When you get depressed, feeling lonely, or need somebody to talk to, family will always be there for you.

Just remember friends come and go, family is forever.