Damarise - Dallas, Texas

I’m a picky person for everything: shoes, clothes, food; whatever the situation, I can pick a flaw, especially when it comes to my friends. I believe in friends; those who are there when needed and even when not; therefore I must really have to like a person to be able tolerate them. I know I sound snobby, but what can I say? Because I am a good friend I expect nothing less than a good friend in return.

My mom always tells me I can count my true friends on one hand and she got me thinking maybe she’s right. Maybe friends were sent down like little guardian angels to help you when they are needed the most. Maybe they aid you to crawl out of your shell every once in a while and live life. Possibly friends are here to keep your feet on the ground, preventing you from committing mistakes you might regret afterwards. Regardless of what it is, I believe in true friends. Friend. It should be a reward, not a word you should use loosely because earning it day by day and working hard to earn the trust and respect of others should not be taken for granted. There is nothing better than to share your pain, fears, or happiness because, no matter what your defects, friends will always be there to share the tears and the laughs. Let me leave you with one last thought; life without a friend would be miserable so when you find one, hold on tight, and don’t let them go.