TRUST

Yiwodes - saint paul, Minnesota

Yiwodes H

Period 3

This I Believe Essay

TRUST

I believe that people are bad. First I thought all people were good, or at least my closest friends but about two weeks ago one of my closest friend said some things about me behind my back. I told my friend all the stuff I heard about a bunch of people and I made him promise to not say anything to any other people but two days after I told him that I found out that he told everyone what I said and now a whole bunch of people don’t talk to me no more. And this is one of the reasons that I think people can not be trusted, and this is even the only time I questioned my trust in people.

There was an event that happened in the same week that made my belief even stronger, because after a couple of days when my sister was at a gas station she went in to the station to pay for gas and, when she came out, a guy with a gun threatened her and took her car keys and drove off with her car. And I remember how my sister was scared that day and I thought to my self people can be really cold hearted, and do stupid things.

Someone once said “The good or ill in a man lies with in his own will” this quote explains my belief; because people make bad decisions, and make mistakes with out being forces to. And people are not perfect and choose to make bad decision and that why I don’t trust people because they choose to make bad decisions, so that’s why I don’t trust people.

One more quote that concludes my belief, “the greatest and most important problems in life are all in a certain sense insoluble, they can never be solved, but only outgrown.” so basically what this quote is saying is if you got a problem instead of trying to solve it you should try to forget about it or just out grow it, because some problems are beyond us, and I think the only solution for problems that are out of your control is to outgrow them. So I think people should not be trusted, and you always have to watch your back, because even people that seem harmless to you will harm you any time they get a chance, that’s why I don’t get too close to people and always have my guard up when I am with friends or relatives.