No Normal Life

justin - north augusta, South Carolina

In today’s society, people do not want to be normal but above normal. However, people do not want the attitude of “rich” people. Normal is seen as a negative life image on people, and people do whatever in their lives to avoid that normal life-style. A normal life is defined as a mid-middle class citizen–making $30,000-50,000 per year, having about 2 children, and living in a medium sized house. Therefore, people learned that to avoid a normal life, the process would have to start at a young age–for best results. By beginning at a young age, a person can gain the knowledge and experience to obtain an above normal life. I have begun, early in my life, what it will take for me to have an above average life.

To assure my life being better than average, I decided at a very young age what I wanted to be in life. I want to be a pilot or do anything to be around aircraft. Then, I decided to become an Engineer, working on the maintenance of the aircraft. Ever since my career decision, I have done everything in my power to obtain my goals. I have excelled in the math and science fields that I needed for my career. I have participated in events, activities, and groups that could increase my knowledge of engineering and aircraft. Plus, I am now in college beginning my Engineering degree. Further, I plan to end college with a Bachelors in Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering. My career will hopeful land me a government/military contractor job or even a job at NASA. The career will give me approximately $75,000 to over $100,000 per year; thus, I will have enough money to support a large family and build a huge house. It might be a while before my life is above normal, due to the time the educational process takes, but, in the end, my life will not be normal and admired my society.

So, I believe my life will be the dream of many Americans in society. My life will be seen as that of a high-class citizen. I will not have to worry about becoming normal; as long as I use my status wisely. However, I will not have the attitude of most high-class people. If I am ask to give, I will give. If I am asked to help, I will help. I refuse to be snobby and rude to “lesser” people. Even though I live the American dream, my principles and morals will not compromised. I am my own person, not my status.