Love Can Move Mountains

Casey - Little Falls, New Jersey
Themes: love

I believe in love. I don’t mean the kind found in sappy romance movies. What I mean by love is caring about others. I think that behind all the makeup and money, the greed and glamour, the wrath hand envy, there is love. The world could thrive off care and consideration; it could flourish on friendship and fairness. Some ask this: Why is it that the thing that the world needs the most is lacking? I think that the problem is not that the world lacks love; it is just hidden under all of our other petty issues and affairs.

I suppose that what I’m getting at is that I believe that the world really can be a better place. I believe that if we truly try, we can make a difference. How? By using love. I believe that the smallest gesture of kindness can move mountains. Love doesn’t have to mean romance. It just means caring for others. Says who? This was Jesus’s principal teaching. He taught us how to live, and how to live was to love each other as you love yourself.

I believe not only in love, but that we need love more than anything. However, love isn’t so apparent in today’s world. So we need a change. If we could all just wake up tomorrow and consider what is really important, and maybe even change our views of this, then we could change the world. If we could all just stop everything, stop ourselves, our demanding jobs, our projects that are due, stop being so preoccupied, we could make room for change. If we could just stop our hectic lives, driving our sons to soccer practice, getting to work on time, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and just focus on what is important…

This, I believe.