I believe in family

colton - Jesup, Iowa

This I believe

I believe that families are what get you through the hard times. Most the time they are going through the same thing and feel the same pain. This gives you someone to talk to that knows how you feel.

Recently I experienced a death in the family. My Grandma died on February 28 2008. She had eight children, twenty-four grandchildren and four great grandchildren. We all cared for her very much, most all of us were with her the night before she passed away and the day she passed away we were there again. Her brothers and sisters came to see her also. Everyone was upset since we knew she didn’t have much more time, we helped one and another through this difficult time.

The day after she passed away most the grandchildren got together and went to a movie. We all were still very down and we knew if we were with are family it would make it easier. Being around my family made me feel a lot better.

My cousin in the Navy couldn’t make it back till March 1st since he was stationed in California. He was upset he couldn’t have seen grandma once more. Tyler and I knew that he was upset and we talked to him and were ready to hangout with him even though he didn’t get back till 11 at night.

I believe that family is the most important thing and without it I don’t know how people can survive. I am grateful that I have such a large caring family that helps one and another get through these times.