this i believe

Shelby - Fairbank, Iowa

I am one of those people that believe that you can’t trust anyone but your own family. I am extremely close to my parents, my brother and my sister. We always fought when we were younger and never wanted to be around each other, but now that we’re older, more mature, we’ve grown closer and I go to them whenever I have a problem.

I look up to my parents for who they are and what they do. I was raised in a family, not having a lot of money, but just enough to have what we needed. I believe that there are a lot of families like us. I am like any other child, I argued with my parents when I didn’t get my way, but it always was for the better when they said no. I’m proud to call them my parents because without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

My brother and sister were the ones I looked up to, wanting to be just like them. My brother was always mean to me when we were younger, but now we are closer than ever. The same goes for my sister, too. We had our times when we didn’t get along, but we are like best friends now. I trust both of them more than anyone else, and I know I can get great advice from them. I still look up to them as much as I did when I was younger, and I hope I turn out as good as they both did when they graduated from high school.

Families are the number one priority for me and they should be for everyone else. Family comes first, they are your life; they helped you become who you are today. No one loves you more than your own family.