Humor is Hilarious

Matthew - Prescott Valley, Arizona
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

Humor is Hilarious

I believe that you can find humor in almost anything. Especially in other people’s pain. Like someone getting hit in the nuts or completely eating dirt while trying to do a trick. Some people think that it’s immature to laugh at these things. But I feel these are hilarious. An example of something that is funny happened during the basketball season of my senior year. It was a close game between Bradshaw and Agua Fria. And one of my teammates( I wont name any names Jaime Boone Aten) throws a terrible pass to Jordan Weir. While the ball was in mid-air, a girl was walking down the sideline, but she didn’t see the ball as it came down and nailed her right in beak. She and her friends did not think it was funny. But every single other person in the gym was laughing their heads off.

Here is another example that includes J.B. J.B. gets a steal at about half court. He has no one around him. As he goes up thinking he is going to dunk it, the ball slips out of his hand and goes out of bounds. After realizing that he basically just air balled a lay up, he walks over to the sideline and punches the bleachers. As if people weren’t laughing enough he had to go and cry about it. After this of course the whole gym laughed even harder. I could hardly breathe and I didn’t even see all of it.

Some people don’t think its right to laugh at someone else’s pain, feelings, or actions. But I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that believe it’s hilarious when a little fat kid Mexican kid falls into the water because his friend moved the fallen tree. Some people just need to lighten up and learn to laugh at it. Cause most likely, it’s happened to them before and they got laughed at. Plus it will help them feel better. That’s why laughter is known as the best medicine.