Small Talk

hillary - Orchard Park, New York

I’ve had a lot of “old” advice given to me, but one quote has really stuck with me. “Don’t sweat the small stuff” I remember my grandma saying to me all the time and now my parents say it.  Life is not worth getting upset over little stuff, you probably want remember what happened, or the person who said it. I know I must pick and chose my battles, and I do what I believe, something’s are just not worth the time or energy.  I know when my brother calls me a name I won’t say anything because I know he doesn’t mean it or was just joking around, like all big brothers.  If something goes wrong on a trip consider yourself lucky.  I always remember it could have been worse, or there’s a lot more people who aren’t as lucky as I. When I try to fight everything that I am confronted with, my life tends to fill with hatred, confusion and stress which is not who I am, and I don’t want that to be a part of my life. Reaching for happiness can be as easy as being the bigger person, walking away and forgetting about it ever happening.  I have enough to worry about in my life, like lessons, tests, and family, like so many others do to.  Worrying about something so tiny can complicate things and add more stress to my life, my family and friends.  If I were to listen to what everyone thinks, I would become someone else. Listening to what people have to say is a pest, and nerve racking sometimes because it’s not always good. Singing is what I love to do and I sometimes get made fun for it but I keep singing because no matter what I love it and no one will ever rain on my parade. For my accomplishments I have worked hard and no one shall get in my way because there is always critics, criticizing your every move. Also when a friend makes a joke about me I can laugh at myself, and not be mad at it because I know they mean well. Its better to be ok with something then be mad at it, and people don’t even know that you’re mad at them. So when it comes time, I always remember “Don’t sweat the small stuff”, and this I do believe.