A Letter to Christopher

Patricia - Melrose, Massachusetts
Themes: parenthood

Dear Christopher:

Today is a day that I’m actually committing to writing you a letter. This idea has been outstanding for sometime, a good intention that I’m cashing in. The reason I’m writing is to acknowledge and convey to how much sparkle, humor, intensity, breadth, depth and beauty you have shared with me in your three years of life. Do you make my eyes light up when I see you? The answer is a resounding yes. I wasn’t awake to the seismic lovequake you brought with you when you arrived. I want you to know every day and each moment of your life how much I love and care about you. I hope that I impart a sense of wonder and healthy sense of self-esteem to you while you explore this world. The true lottery of my life was when you decided to grace me with your presence. There is a simultaneous sweetness of light and intensity to your personality. With your every trusting eyes, I have and will continue to do all that I can to nurture, fortify, protect and love you while letting you grow with the independence and assuredness that has served you well.

Thank you so very much for letting me have the privilege of being your Mommy. I live each day embracing the very best essence of this title cherishing each step and milestone you ascend. I will write again soon.

Much love,

Mama