Love Overcomes

Brandon - Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Themes: love

“Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all transgressions.” This biblical passage, coming from Proverbs 10:12, clearly defines the true power of love. Love is an active emotion utilized everyday, connecting us with family, friends, or even significant others.

Such as a beam of light pierces through the pitch black sky. Love penetrates through the void of hatred. The warm embrace of a friend is enough to turn someone’s bad day around. There are many other mechanisms of love. The manner in which we interact with one another is an expression of love.

There is no language barrier with love, for it is a universal mode of relating with people. In instances of war with foreign nations, a handshake and a smile between two diplomats is the expression and symbol of the ended conflict, the end of hate, the beginning of good feelings of love and happiness. The hatred was overcome, destroyed, and obliterated at the hands of love.

Life is like an empty void, one can either fill it with the consuming flames of hatred, or the quenching waters of love. With the presence of love the flames of hatred can be extinguished.

Every individual must be fulfilled his god-given need for love. We can overcome, rise above, and break down the walls of hate with the power of the love.