Life isn’t Fair

Jeffrey - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Life isn’t fair

There’s ten seconds left. You’ve spent millions of dollars and 3 years building it. You’ve watched it grow from hundreds of parts to one monument of modern engineering. You begin to cry. Everyone is preparing for launch. 3, 2, 1, Liftoff. The shuttle takes off. This is the moment you have been waiting for. 4,000ft, 5,000ft, 6, 000, ft when all of a sudden BOOM! The shuttle explodes into a million pieces. All you are thinking is “What the heck!” During the study of the crash they notice that one of the engines came loose. You get blamed, even though someone else in your team messed it up. Life wasn’t fair.

A common example that life isn’t fair is that bad things happen to good people. In 9/11 there was around 3,000 deaths, most of which were just minding there own business and had done nothing wrong. 9/11 was not an attack of revenge or personal gain it was an attack of pure hate. Most of these people were good people were just walking peacefully through life, but their world came crashing down right before their eyes. These people had no idea what was going to happen that fatal day and there was nothing they could do about it.

Another common example that life isn’t fair is that good things happen to bad people. Many times when someone commits a murder the person is caught and sent to jail, but some times during the long and boring court process the prosecutors make a mistake and the murderer is set free and goes unpunished and all the family can do is just watch and cry.

The reason life isn’t fair is that a person can only control their own actions while other people don’t have to make this person’s life perfect. For example, while someone is riding on the wild roller coaster of life they have ups and downs, highs and lows, good times and bad times; all they can do is just go along for the ride. When the rollercoaster is at your favorite part you just love it and don’t want to stop, but when it is at your least favorite part all you want to do is stop and do something else but you can’t because all you can do go along for the ride because you can’t change the route that someone else designed.

Overall, even though someone can control their own actions they can’t control other peoples’ actions. So much of life is like the wheel of fortune with good times and bad times, but if each person tried to be nicer and friendlier then there would be more grand prizes and less “Bankrupts”