Simply Smiling

Amy - Chicago, Illinois

I know that I can trust one thing in life, a smile. I feel that a smile can bring on many wonderful things in people’s lives, and may even make the world a better place. Smiling comes easy to me because it is something I have known since I could remember. I feel that something as simple as a smile can leave a great impact on others.

Since a very young age, my mother has shown me kindness and care with a smile. It is a trait from her that I have carried on, and my family and friends remind me that I am always smiley. Smiling is one of the best things I can do. I know that I can trust it no matter what, and it never fails me.

There seems to be many ways to express smiles, but my favorite is to brighten people’s lives. I think that it is amazing how something as simple as a little smile can change someone’s angry mood or their perspective on something. I feel that life is too short and that you have to enjoy the good times, which include smiling and laughter.

When someone is having a bad day I know that I can make them think more positively by giving them a smile. I believe that people become less tense or upset if they see something as comforting as one. I feel that I have accomplished a lot by helping someone and sharing a friendly smile.

Fortunately smiling comes easy to me, and I do it so often that it has become a habit. I feel that smiling is contagious, which is excellent because it can enhance people’s attitudes. If everyone would smile more often, the world would be a better place because people would be just a little bit happier.

Next time there is someone one in need of some cheer, give them a smile and watch them change for the better.