What My Father Did

Kelcey - 30705, Georgia
Themes: parenthood

My father’s addiction is one that changed my life. He is an alcholic, even to this day, and what he did made my entire life change. When I was a very young kid my dad used to abuse my mom. It was horrible for me, but it was much worse for my younger brother who had never seen my dad before alchol turned him into a monster.

I believe that addictions, and most deffinately alchol addictions, should be helped and treated like a disease. It is a disease. A disease that infects families, and the people within them.

Lots of people would disagree with me on this, saying that it is not their problem what one man decided to do with his life. Well, that, to me, is very untrue. It is not just one man, it is thousands, it isn’t just our problem for it can cause others.

My father’s addictions and the things he did while under the effects of alchol changed my life and make me believe that alchol, or any other addiction, can cause troubles, troubles that could be fixed by just saying no.

Take my word on one thing, believing as I do might not just change your life… it might save it.