Tessa - Burien, Washington
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

I Believe in Karma

I believe in karma, during my life I’ve had experiences where what I do to other people comes back to me. When I was little, I always had a cold, the flu, something. I was always in the doctor’s getting medicine or taking Tylenol for kids, but I never got better. It was always one thing after another. I remember my mom telling me over and over, “Tessa, promise me you will take this!” I broke that promise over 100 times up until the fifth grade.

When I was around four years old, I had pneumonia. I went to the doctor and played in the waiting room because even at a young age, this was already a routine. But the medicine was the most disgusting thing I had ever tasted. I would hide from my parents until they found me and shoved it down my throat. Finally they tasted it, threw up, and the next day I got new medicine.

I got a little older, and wiser. When I got a common cold and had to take Tylenol kids cough syrup or the pills, I would pour the syrup down the sink and shove the pills in the couch or cram them under the T.V. To this day, my mom still doesn’t know I did that.

Now, almost seventeen, I have been going to the doctors’ for about six years because I get migraines. I have to take medication every day, four times a day. My doctors have no idea why I get them because I’m the only one in my family who does and otherwise I’m healthy.

I believe in karma because my life experiences have shown me that what goes around comes around. I think that since I avoided taking cold medicine for all those years and lied about it, I’m paying for it now.