Alexander - Irmo, South Carolina
Themes: work

Why Hard Work and Optimism Brings Success

I am the type of person who believes that everything happens for a reason, whether it is good or bad. I believe that optimism and hard work will bring you success in life. I understand it is hard to believe this sometimes but it is true as many examples in history have shown. Thomas Edison failed many times in making the light bulb, but he saw each failure as a way to improve the product. I think that is the perfect way to live life. You should not look at the faults in your life and wallow in self-pity, but instead, use these ways to improve yourself and help other people.

For example, we watched a movie called Homeless to Harvard in my Psychology class about a girl who literally went from being homeless to getting accepted into Harvard University. That movie really inspired me to work harder, as cheesy as it sounds; I helped my brother the other day with his homework. I told my parents that their hard work is appreciated by someone and that something good would happen out of it. Although nothing has happened yet I have noticed a slight change, in that my parents are more optimistic than usual about school and work. All of these things sound too good to be true; that is what people believe however, if they just step back and slow down life every once in a while, they will find that hard work and a little bit of optimism will get you very far in life. Many people believe in different things which make us unique. That is why I believe hard work and optimism will bring success in life.