Ashlie - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

This past summer I traveled to Israel and on our last day we went to Golgotha where Jesus died on the cross. I believe that day my core value became cemented into my heart. Love. To love those who deserve it and those who don’t. I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church where you wore your Sunday best and carried your Bible. You hugged the older members and teased the little kids. Afterwards you put your Bible back in its spot in your car and you went on with your day. Sometimes I just can’t get over how much we don’t love. In fact we hate, a lot. My life has been more enjoyable, blessed and less stressful since I started loving more. I realized that I don’t need a church to “be saved”; I just need to do the things that Jesus did and told us to do. You never know when someone just needs a stranger to show him or her love. All Jesus did was love the ones that no one loved and loved until it killed Him. I try to wake up everyday and be like Him, it’s pretty impossible but I try. I think they totally hit it on the nail when they came up with “What Would Jesus Do?” I just wish we could all live by it. I think this world would be a little better if that happened.