Stephanie - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

When I was little I thought that what my parents taught me about God and church was what was right, but now that I have grown into an adult who has been through the roughest of rough times I have developed my own belief system and what I have come to believe in. Up until the death of my brother in 2002 I was all about going to church, being a strong Christian, and having all my faith in God. When the death of a loved one occurs that is a moment in time when you stop and think if there really is a God and if there is why he would take something so valuable from you. At that moment in time I really hated God and had no faith in him what so ever. Then as the days passed I came to realize that God does things for a reason and there is nothing you can do about it. When my brother passes away I was mad at the whole world and felt like I had nothing more to live for. I kept thinking why could God take someone who meant so much too so many people and who was only eleven years old. After being mad I came to realize that my brother was in a better place now and that I would see him again someday.

I believe that there is a God and he makes all right decisions even if I don’t like them I will come to live with them. I don’t believe in one denomination or think one denomination is the right one. I am a Christian I believe in God and I believe in his higher power. I think that in order for me to go to heaven before I die I will have to ask God to forgive me for my sins and him being the forgiving person he is he will grant me entrance into heave. Which then I will be reunited with the people I have already lost and the people I will lose before I die. Although I don’t go to church as often as I would like and I do some not so Christian things I know that God will always be there for me and for every bad thing I do he will forgive me. He gave his life for mine and I have the upmost respect for him and his decisions.