Peng - Little Falls, New Jersey

I believe

There are many beliefs in this world, I believe in many things. There is one thing that I believe the most, which is when you work hard for something, and then you will get it. If you want something, and you are willing to do anything for it, then it’s just a matter of time before you get it.

Once in the summer I want to buy a wii, so I went to ask my mom if she could buy one for me. She said, “If you want something, you have to work hard for it.” So I asked my mom if I helped in the restaurant for the rest of the summer, would she buy me a wii. She agreed.

So for the rest of that summer I helped her in the restaurant, except for Sundays. Sundays I took off. I remembered I did not take off on Sundays, because I wanted to go to a beach with my uncle and his family for three days.

After I came back from the trip, I had a lot of water in my ear, so it was hard for me to hear anything. A day later, my ears got worse, it hurt a lot, and I didn’t want to eat anything. My mom told me,”Maybe if you get a good night’s sleep, you would get better the next day.” The next day, after I had a good night’s sleep, my ear hurt even more. My mom told me to stay home and rest, and if it didn’t get any better the next day, we would go to the doctor. I remembered that I didn’t stay home that day. Instead I went to the restaurant and helped my mom. That day when I was at the restaurant, my ear hurt too much, and I wasn’t any help at all. Then the next day my dad called a doctor and drove me to Chinatown, and the doctor fixed everything.

At the end of that summer I thought that I did the best I could, but I didn’t think I could get a wii, until one day my mom said, “Let’s go buy a wii”. I asked my mom, “Why?” All she said was, “You earned it.”

So, I believe if you work hard for something, you will get it.