Cody - Pukalani/HI/96768, Hawaii

This I believe that patience is found in everybody. The definition of patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties. I have learned, through many life experiences that I am a patient person when it comes to situations where I have to wait. I know some people that are not as patient as I am and as a result, they jump the gun on things and it does not come out the way they would have wanted it to come out to be. If they waited, the result would have soothed their nerves. One life experience where I found myself to be patient was getting into relationships with girls. Growing up, I have had feelings for girls/a girl when I was young during my elementary days, but I never got into a relationship with them because I knew that I was too young. During my middle school days, I have admired some girls here and there, but I still wasn’t into a relationship with a girl yet. I really don’t know what it was that kept me from dating other girls, but if I was to get into a relationship, I made sure that the girl fancied me and vice versa. I didn’t want to like someone and end up finding out that they have no interest in me, but they are just doing it so that can either experience what it is like to be in a relationship or doing it because they have to. I didn’t want to take that risk during middle school, so I waited until high school. I got into my first relationship during my junior year and it lasted six months. I thought that it was something true but came to find out that it was something that she didn’t want to take a risk at because it was so called “long distance” even though we lived on the same island. I am now in a relationship during my senior year and have come to realize that this may be something true. I don’t want to speak so soon, but I’ve been patient for all those years and have hoped and prayed that she may the one to answer these requests that I want. She wants it, I want it, we’re on the same plane.