Daniel - Moosic, Pennsylvania
Themes: love
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe love is a powerful word. I think it should not be said unless you absolutely mean it. There are two different types of love, the absolute love you have for a person or object. You have this love no matter what, and nothing can change that.

I believe there is a difference between loving a person and being in love.

To me love means that you would want to spend every moment with that person, good or bad. You would support that person in any decision they might make and you wouldn’t be so judgmental on how they look or how they may dress. For example: I would prefer someone who treats me like gold than someone who exhibits all the physical attributes I desire. Rather than a gorgeous Victoria Secret model that treats me like a piece of trash. Now I wouldn’t mind the Victoria Secret model though, if only she treated me like gold.

I believe love can be used as a weapon for heartbreak in the wrong hands. It can cause depression or even suicidal thoughts.

Love can trick you into believing that your current mate is the only one for you. That might be true, but there might be something even better right in front of your eyes, if you open them.

Love is special, and not everyone has love. It’s a gift, and it should be cherished as you would cherish the most important thing to you.

I believe love is a powerful word. I think it should not be said unless you absolutely mean it.