Nicole - Waterford, Pennsylvania

Everything Happens for a Reason

I believe that everything happens for a reason. When someone is put into a situation, it was with good intentions in mind. A death, war or a car accident, they all seem horrible at first, and I agree they are, however; something positive can be pulled from it. When someone passes away not only are they happier in their new place, but it also leaves the grieving families living off of memorable moments. The men and women at war are giving up their families to fight for our country, and when they return they should realize the difference that they have made. Car accidents are never pleasant, but when all is said and done usually a lesson is learned.

I became a strong believer of “everything happens for a reason”, towards the end of the first semester of my senior year. I had taken two of the hardest classes the school offers, AP English 12 and AP Calculus, both in the same semester. In the beginning of the year it wasn’t bad, but as the year progressed I started to realize how challenging it was going to be to balance an A in all of my 4 classes along with my job and all of my other outside activities. I became very upset that I had to spend 18 weeks of my senior year coming home every night stressed and overwhelmed with work.

Now that I am only five days away from the end of this semester I have realized how true this statement really is. Because of this “loaded” semester I have learned that I need to prioritize my list of things to do and to use time management to get it all done. I also learned that I do not need a 100% plastered on every paper that I turn in. Both of these lessons were ones that I definitely needed to learn before going to college next year. I will be able to remember my long, stressful nights when I am in college next year, and remind myself how I got through it.

Without conquering my hours of studies I wouldn’t have learned the significance of time management and the positive attitude, I can do it! It may take a house fire or losing a soccer game to realize the importance of a positive state of mind. Eventually everyone will have an experience that they feel is negative at the time, but will turn positive in time.