Cody - Lafayette, Oregon

I believe that practice makes perfect. If you want to be great at a sport or an activity, practice regularly. The more you practice, the better you will become. The greatest way of becoming better at something is that you practice.

The word practice is repeated performance or systematic exercise for the purpose of acquiring skill or proficiency. To practice is to do something regularly. Perfect is the best that you can be. The way that you can be the best you can be is to practice or do what you want to become better at, regularly.

When I was in Second Grade, I played Basketball on a team that my dad coached. It was my first year of Basketball. All I wanted to do was play in the games. At every practice I asked, “When’s our next game?” I was so focused on games that different things would distract me and I wouldn’t pay attention in practices. When our first game came, it turned out that I was so bad that I couldn’t make any baskets and I didn’t know any of the plays. Finally, my dad, the coach, pulled me out of the game and asked me to run play three. In my mind I reviewed the play. Was that the one where I went under the basket or pass it to the post? I couldn’t remember. I was so embarrassed that at all of the next practices I paid attention and tried as hard as I could to listen to the coach. From then on, I’ve gotten better with practice and have always paid attention to the coach.

If you don’t practice you will probably become worse. I know and believe that if you practice and try hard enough that you will become better and closer to perfection. I believe that practice makes perfect.