Rehanan - dunkirk, New York

I believe in being different. The littlest things can make someone different and difference is important. As Coco Chanel once said “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” And this is proven true in so many days, everyday.

I try to be different everyday as much as I can. I don’t really care what people think of me, but if I can, I try to make a good impression. I dress how I like and how I think looks good on me. I do follow with current styles but not just because its in style, but because its cute on me.

A few years ago in like 8th grade, I would have been labeled a follower. I dressed how my friends dressed and I did as my friends did. I mean, if I didn’t, maybe they wouldn’t like me as much? You never know with girls these days. But soon I started noticing I didn’t even really like myself. You’re probably thinking… how could you not like yourself? Its not that I didn’t like me, it’s that I didn’t like how I was. I didn’t really like the way I dressed or how I acted or even how I talked. I wasn’t Rehanan. I wanted to be unique. I wanted to be me. I soon started dressing a little different. It seemed like my friends noticed but they didn’t care. They still liked me as much as they did before.

It is always smart to dress appropriately. And that doesn’t mean you have to dress always formal. You can still have a little fun with it. But say you’re trying to get a job. You don’t want to go to your interview wearing what you would wear to a house party or to a wedding. You want to dress to impress. You want to make a great first impression and make them want you.

So from then on I chose to go with the flow and occasionally add my own little twist to things. I feel that I am a better person all around and I am a lot more outgoing than I used to be. If you take care of your image and emotions all else should fall into place for the best. Your clothes are not just accessories, they are who you are and how you feel. I love me for me and I will always believe in being different.