Hilary - Lake Oswego, Oregon

Everything Happens for a Reason

I believe everything happens for a reason.

People come into our lives and we can tell right away that they were just destined to affect us in some way or another. Either to teach us a lesson or to help figure out who we are or who we want to be. This person may even be a mystery, but when your eyes lock, you can feel the bond between your minds like a lightning storm. This happened to me before I even knew one of my now best friends. I had met her in a certain awkward situation filled with much tension and right away we were the only ones who were talking in a friendly manner and linking our personalities together. I could have never gone through my life without her because she taught me multiple lessons all of the times I made mistakes.

Other times, things happen to me that may seem horrific and painful, like the death of a family member, but if I had never overcome those obstacles I would have never realized the lesson they taught me. I would have never realized the strength I held in my heart. Loving someone and someone breaking my heart all happen to test my limits. Without these miniature tests, life would be a smoothly paved and straight pathway with identical plants and animals lining the whole way to a land of a dull and completely monotonous way of living.

Every single person I meet affects my life. The sensation of victory and the disappointment in my life can create who I am and the bad experiences can be learned from. If someone hurts me or deceives me, I need to forgive them; they have helped me learn the lesson of trust and the importance of being vigilant to whom I open my heart.

Everything happens for a reason. We need to embrace that fact and learn from our mistakes because in the end we have to do it in order to live our lives.