Magdalena - New York, New York

This I believe… I believe that I am truly happy because I finally found out who I am. I searched for a long time in hopes of finding out my purpose in life and I found it by following my own path in life. Whose path are you walking on? Is it your parents, your friends, your teachers, or simply your own? We don’t have a choice when we are children, we can only hope it will be a path towards something wonderful. I remember standing on a grocery line for nearly a full day just to get bread and butter when I was eight years old in Poland; I knew then that I didn’t want this path but I was happy because my mommy knitted a sweater for me that night so I could be warm tomorrow. I was happy than because my parents left everything they have ever known and moved to America so their children would have a better future. How can I not be happy? I am a collage graduate working for a very successful company in New York City. While I held my mommy’s hand growing up; I am now walking on my own path in life.

This I believe… I am scarred of heights and refuse to stand on someone’s balcony. But I love skydiving and can’t wait until I am high above the ground in a hot air balloon.

This I believe… I am petrified of all types of bugs. But I love the outdoors and love to camp.

This I believe… I am terrified of a needle shot at the doctor’s office. But I absolutely love my tattoo and piercing.

This I believe… I am nervous about death. But I like to live life on edge.

This I believe, I am a very ordinary person wanting to live an extraordinary life. A simple girl from Poland with big dreams just because I stood on that long line during a cold winter day.