Steve - Salt Lake City, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Steve K

Living Free As a Bird

I believe in living free and having fun.

When I say live free and have fun I am not saying to just party all day and do nothing with your life. I am saying to do the work you have to do but you have to make time to have fun. My belief strains from the whole “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” saying. Living free means to not be tied down to one thing and having something control your life. I have never really been able to experience the whole work thing but if you let your work take over your life, your life would be a boring spiral of unhappiness. I have seen this happen to people and those people are no fun and it doesn’t seem like they are very happy. Years back I did let schoolwork and studying take over my life and to tell you the truth it was not very fun. Sure the good grades were nice but what fun is it doing all the work and not being rewarded with fun. I would spend too much time studying and never really focus on having fun. I mean I did have some fun here and there but not close to the fun I am having now. I finally thought to myself that I don’t have to study so much to do well in school. I knew I could excel without racking my brain every night. I started letting loose, being free from some of the stress I was having. My grades never really did suffer and I became very happy and a lot more fun to be around. When I walk around I can see people that seem to work too hard. They work at school or their job so much that they just look unhappy to me. I know that if they would just take a load off, go on vacation, or whatever then they would be less stressed and be happier people. They could do what I did and just take a few minutes to assess if you are happy with your actions in life, if you need more fun, or if your work or schoolwork is owning precious moments of your life. I am so glad that I was able to get some more fun into my life because I can just see me being so wrapped up in school and stressing out about it everyday. I would like to see some people that I know personally would take my advice and just let go, if not for a lifetime, just a few minutes.