Your Own Private Getaway

max - salt lakt city, Utah

This I believe; I believe in music. Have you ever found yourself looking for a way out? A sort of getaway to another place? Music takes me there. When I want to get away from life and just relax, I put on my headphones, turn the music up, and journey to what some people call there happy place. You can be in the loudest, most stressful places but as soon as you listen to good music everything seems to magically disappear.

I have loved music all of my life. When I was little my dad used to put on a Bob Dylan or a Jimi Hendrix CD and I would sit and listen. My dad brought me into the music world. He is a very talented guitar player and taught me how to play guitar as well. He taught me to respect music. I learned from an early age the skill it takes to play an instrument. The first time I picked up a guitar and strummed the strings I realized how hard it was to play.

Unlike many things in my life, music has never let me down. Its not like a pair of cleats that can suddenly fall apart in the middle of an intense game, music is always there.

And there is always new music to be found. If your bored by music you’re obviously not exploring the many possibilities of it.

Music can be a lot like your best friend. It has all of the same characteristics of a normal person. Its different sounds can kind of be described as different moods. There are some days when you don’t want to do anything except listen to music and there are some days when you can’t find anything that suits your mood. Isn’t that a little like your friends? They can be fun one day and the next you just can’t stand them.

There are always those certain songs that you listen to when your sad and feeling blue. When I’m sad, I can always find a song that makes me feel like the artist wrote it for me. The words and tone just fit my mood. Then there are those songs you listen to when your skiing that make you want to do stupid things even though you know you shouldn’t. The music that pumps you up and gets your adrenaline going.

Music can do so many things for you. It can make you happy or sad and it can make you think. Lyrics often tell stories. I think those are the best kind of songs. Words in a song can be deep and often very influential. Lyrics can take you on a journey to that other place.

I believe in music. As a hobby, lifestyle, and a getaway. If you’re like me and need to get away form everything every once in a while then just listen to music.