Kendra - Cheboygan, Michigan

I believe in creating my own page in the human social book, then ripping the page out and starting my own personal paperback. Maybe I’ll change it into a coloring book, or a learning book, who knows? After all, it’s mine, and I won’t let anyone try and change that. So, I need to be myself, not what others want me to be.

Up until I was 15 years old, my life was barely a sentence in the pages of my families, town’s, and friend’s books. However, once my 16th birthday came along, I severed the tie I had with the uniformed words of society that had stained the rest of the world. I stopped trying to be friendly to those popular and snobby kids in school, I took a hammer and smashed my eggshell of quietness and blossomed into a talkative teen. I didn’t care who heard me, or if they liked me, I was myself, and that was all I cared about.

Laugh, talk, and making others laugh was what I liked doing, no matter what it took. I didn’t care about what others called me or how they made fun of me. I just cared about my appearance, the way I liked to look, but not enough to go “suicidal” because I couldn’t get a boyfriend, or anorexic because everyone called me fat. I choose to be this way, myself. This was the way it was all the way through high school. I was loud, and sometimes rude, but those who knew they were my friends stayed and those who thought they were ended up turning their backs on me. So did I care? Nope. What was, will be, right?

I believed that my personality clashed with several of my classmates which resulted in several enemies, especially when I found out that some of them just used me for my artistic touch, my money, or my possessions. That’s upsetting, but nothing to be concerned about, since I hated dwelling on past events. I cared about myself, only myself, and how I could constantly transform my personality. However, it wasn’t just about making others happy, but how I was making myself happy as I personalized my own chapters in life. After all, I need to be what I want to be, not what all those other humans think they would like me to be. So I think I’ll make a coloring book of my life, with all kinds of fun little doodles that only I can color.