We Remember

Justin - St. Louis, Missouri

During our life we watch people that we love and care for walk in and out of our lives. These people leave for so many different reasons that it is not worth keeping track. Even though these people walk out of our lives we still have our memories and love for them, because those are the things that we can hold on to forever in our hearts even when they are not physically with us.

During the early years of my life my father left our family. He moved thousands of miles away and left me to care for my family. Being only ten or eleven it was hard on me to watch. Now that I am older I know why my dad moved away and I know that he did it because he loved my mom, brother, and me. Also I know that even when he dies I will always remember him for what he did for me and my family.

People hurt and people cry when their love ones hurt, but they always live on in the memories of people. We see this still with memorials, tombstones, and even holidays throughout the world. People that we lost during the Vietnam War have there own wall, some of our greatest presidents have an enormous building named after them, and Labor Day where we recognized the little people who work to make our world a better place.

We remember these people in our lives that made an impact in our hearts. I have this friend and we have known each other forever, but never started talking till the Seventhth grade. After a while we became great friends. We talked on a daily basis and could go to each other whenever we needed someone. She really means a lot to me still and it has been five years now that we have talked. I call her my little sister even though she is older than me and my family loves her too. If we ever split up for some reason I know that I won’t forget her because she has changed me so much in these last five years.

The heart is like a photo album, full of faces and memorizes. These faces can be old or new but it is not the quality of the face, but who the face belongs to. Remember that people will come in and out of our lives, but stay in the heart forever.