Jillian - Moultrie, Georgia
Themes: parenthood

She has always been there for me. Encouraged me to go for my dreams. Pushed me to the limits. She has always told me that I can be who I want to be.

This wonderful woman goes by many names. I choose to call her mama! She is my backbone. No matter what I did, or how good or bad it was she always took my side. She is the reason I am the person I am.

I adore my mother. Without her, I have no clue where I would be at today. She was by my side when I was little and my cousins moved in. She promised me I would always be her baby girl and no one could take my place.

In the sixth grade I was so scared to start a new school I got sick everyday for the first week. She came and checked on me all of those days, even though she was not supposed to take lunch that long.

When I got my first wart removed she stood by me and held my hand. And even though it stung really badly I knew it would be alright because she was holding my hand.

Lastly for my fifteenth birthday party I had it pretty rough. I thought none of my friends were going to do anything for me. The day of my birthday all of my friends showed up at the door for my surprise party!

So no matter where I go or who I meet I will always remember how my mama raised me to have faith in my self and never let anyone shut me down! She is like a rock; strong, never moving, and safe. I love her with all of my heart.