Bailey - Heber city, Utah
Themes: purpose

Bailey Singer

What do you believe in? When you sit down and think about it, it’s actually a very hard question to answer. You could give a quick no-thought answer like family, religion, or friends. But if you actually do sit and thing deeply about it, most people don’t know what they believe in. I didn’t know what I believed in and it took me awhile to figure it out. I went to class and listened to what other people said, and I agreed with some of it but I didn’t believe in it. I stepped back and took a look at my life so far, however short it seems. And I did find a couple of things I truly believe in.

I believe in fate. That I can make a difference and it will all eventually even out. I’m not sure about my future but then again no one really is. I believe in karma, what goes around, comes around. As long as we’re not horrible in life then nothing too bad will happen. I would like to be remembered as a photographer, biologist, and altogether explorer. My passion of life has always been connected with travel and art, I just hope my little place in the world will be like that, and that my name might be remembered in some way or another. I want to experience it all. I think that what got me interested in photography happened a couple years ago. I was with my family on our way up to Alta one summer and there were two bull moose, with a lot of people around them, in a small field by the road. I asked if I could borrow a camera and my grandma let me use her little one. I got as close as I could with it, and took a lot of pictures. When my mom called me back I knew what I wanted to do.

My grandpa has always been there for me he got me my camera, a Nikon D70, and two lenses. He showed me how to take great pictures and he helps me when I do something wrong. Photography is really my calling and I think everybody needs one. I believe that having a real passion in your life no matter what it is really helps you to live your life. I know that finding a passion in my life has really helped me and made it more enjoyable for me to go out into the world, and its opened up my future for me.