Megan - Heber, Utah
Themes: Christianity

Megan North

This I Believe Essay

I believe in Christmas and snow falling through the air. The joyful children are dreaming sweet dreams without care. The stockings are hung by the chimney with care. The presents are wrapped and under the tree in hopes that Santa soon would bring more, and the tree is decorated with ornaments and bells.

Right after thanksgiving the Christmas songs roar. Every one starts to think about Christmas a bit more. The children start thinking about what they want more. But the ultimate question- What is Christmas to you? Many may think the most important thing about Christmas is getting presents. Others enjoy giving and seeing the joy that it brings to those who receive the gifts. Also many of us forget that the very most important part is the birth of Jesus and what that has meant in our lives.

Christmas to me is spending time with my family and not just exchanging gifts. Some of our Christmas traditions are to go to the Christmas Carols in Salt Lake, but the tickets were sold out this year, our resolution to our problem is that they are now on DVD so we can watch them from the comfort of our home. I also have a family with seven children which makes it hard for us to buy everyone a gift. So on thanksgiving night we each draw a name and we each buy a present for a single person in our family. We then have our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve; we have prime rib, with all the holiday trimmings and eat until we are stuffed. Then we each open our present that we have drawn names for. It makes Christmas so much fun to have a large family and all still be at home together.

I also believe in Santa and reindeer pulling his sleigh, because my mom’s favorite statement is “If you don’t believe, you don’t receive” So the best thing to do is not question. Just Believe! This year is extremely important being my freshman year. So I decided that I wanted a lap top to help me keep up with my school work. I am trying to get a 4.0 average and with a lap-top I can keep all my work with me. Which will make it easier to get it all done. I’m hoping to get a pink, Dell computer with all the extras, so believing is of the up-most importance this year.