Nathan - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: gratitude

Everything has a Cost, Nothing in Life is Free

Most things in life should be treasured such as time with family or friends, or achieving an award, or something as simple as having some alone time to gather oneself. Unfortunately these things are earned, maybe not by you but by someone who strived to have these options one day. Nothing in life is free; everything has a cost of some value.

I believe in this statement because I have just come to realize the simpler, more meaningful things in life. A few weeks ago I was in a car accident and although it was minor the crash scared me of what could happen, of what was possible. Since then I have been appreciating the time I’ve had with everyone around me and thinking about how it a car crash that caused me to realize what I had all the time. The crash was my price; I had to pay by risking my health in order to scare me into appreciating my life.

There has never been an instance in my life where something has been free. Sure there have been offers for free stuff if I make a deal on something but there was always a price whether I saw it or not. Sometimes prices aren’t so much physical as they are mental, a good example is when a friend gives you something and he isn’t expecting anything in return but friendship. Sometimes though, the price is both physical and mental such as in a relationship; in a relationship both partners must dedicate themselves to staying in a monogamous relationship with the other and not even think of other possible partners.

There is no getting around this statement, it cannot be helped. Everything has a price it is just a rule of nature just like Newton’s law: every action has a reaction