Sonam - Creve Couer, Missouri

Jo mein kiya so mein paaya.(what goes around comes around). It’s like a boomerang or Newton’s 3rd law, for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. “As you sow, so shall you reap, as you think, so you become” (The karmic law as stated in Power of Thoughts by Khoji Chapter 10 page 29). I believe in karma and that it also goes beyond just what actions go around come arounnd.

Inner feeling is a big part of karma, when you do a good deed if nothing else, I feel better than I did before; it’s like the theory of the dipper and the bucket. The more positive deeds you have the more full your ‘bucket’ will be. The dipper is like a ladle “When we use that dipper to fill other people’s buckets — by saying or doing things to increase their positive emotions — we also fill our own bucket. But when we use that dipper to dip from others’ buckets — by saying or doing things that decrease their positive emotions — we diminish ourselves.” From the book How Full Is Your Bucket. Basically it’s like what goes around comes around again except in our emotions.

What you say is what you are, what you think is what you become (Power of thoughts pg 2). I believe that even by thinking you might regret it. Kind of like if you think that you will do poorly on test than you probably won’t do so well. I think that you have to be a little optimistic about some things as it is a part of karma as well.

I believe that it also keeps me happy with my life. For example I found a cell phone the other day and I turned it in and I felt really good about myself for not keeping it. Karma is one thing that has shaped the way I think and act in life. It is one of the factors that help me try to be a good person and think before acting upon impulses.