C - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: purpose

I am almost 18 and, ever since I can remember I have had the answer to every good or bad thing that can happen. I think when something happens in our lives, whether in our favor or not, we should not question it. I am the person today because of the events that have happened in my life, and I believe everything happens for a reason. All the small events throughout my life have shaped me into who I am, and without those happenings I would be a different person. Now knowing this, I don’t question anything that happens, because I know it has taken place for a reason, that maybe someday I will figure out.

Just this past summer, two girls I had gotten to know from a nearby town lost their lives in a car accident. It was caused by their own bad judgment. The only questions I remember hearing while at the funerals and the following days was why, why them, and why now! I found myself asking the same questions but came to the conclusion that it was meant to be. Maybe if they had made better decisions that night they would still be here, but they’re not. I believe they were taken away from their friends, family, and loved ones for a reason. Now they are gone, out of all of our lives, for a reason. They had no idea they were going to teach so many people a lesson, which will never be forgotten, I believe we have learned from them. If this tragedy had never occurred, all of the people affected by this may never have realized this lesson, to think before you do things, and think of who may be affected from just one decision that lies in your hands. We are all here for a purpose, but unfortunately, the purpose is rarely known until we have passed. Rejoice the good, remember the sad, all without question because there is a reason.