j - Napoleon, Ohio

By: Jared Lambert

I believe that if I want something I will have to do it for myself. If something is important and I do not have anyone else do it for me. If what I want done, is not done right or not done at all then I will be upset and frustrated and wish I would have done it myself in the first place. When I do something for myself I cannot blame other people for screwing it up for me. When other people do something for me they do not really care about it. When I do something for myself I care about it and do my best.

Everyone has had one of their friends do something important for them and it got screwed up or they did not do it. That is why it is important for me to do it, so that if I screw it up it is my fault and I cannot blame anyone else. I remember when I was younger in middle school. When I was younger I had a very important paper to turn into the school office. I was going to have my brother do it because he had to turn in lunch money. He never turned the paper in and he lost it. This resulted me getting a detention from my teacher and getting grounded at home for two weeks. I know sometimes it is hard for me to do something because I do not have the time, but I find the time and do it myself.

Doing things on my own and for myself will make me a better person. After people screwing things up for me or not doing them I learned to do things on my own and for myself. Since I have started doing things for myself and on my own I have learned more responsibility and I am proud of what I do. When I do things for myself I get a warm fuzzy feeling that I accomplished what I was out to do. I will always do things for myself because I will learn and understand more about myself.