Natanya - Roslyn Heights, New York
Themes: purpose

I believe in coincidences.

I believe that a person’s life is confounded by irony and determined by fate. Every choice we make and place we go has already been planned for us. We are locked into our lives and cannot escape from the path we’ve been given. Nothing is left up to chance – everything comes back to fate.

Some people find this dehumanizing and unfathomable, like they have no control over their lives. And in a way, they’re right. The choices we make follow the long, drawn-out plan someone has made for us. They may seem like they come from somewhere deep inside of us, somewhere conscious. But they only do because of fate.

Unexplainable occurrences happen daily. Why did you fall asleep and not finish studying for an exam, but wind up not taking it because your teacher fell ill? Luck. Coincidences happen every single day because of fate and the life plan that a higher power has created for us.