Valerie - Sandy, Utah
Themes: integrity, work

I believe in the importance of having a good work ethic. In my past jobs, I have felt that I was the only one doing the job and getting the work done. Even though I felt this way, I would keep working as hard as I always have and the get job done. After working at my past job for a little more than two years, I became the manager until I quit about four months later. Even though it felt like I was the only one doing any of the work and getting there on time, I ended up getting a promotion and I know I could use them as a good past employment reference. As for my current job, I still seem to be the only one doing the work between me and another girl at the office. She leaves me plenty of work to do when I come in on Monday mornings, but instead of complaining, I finish the work within a couple of hours. After about two months of this, my boss gave me a raise. Even though I didn’t realize it, he did notice that I was the one getting the work done and he told me that he appreciated the work that I was doing. This proves to me that I don’t have to complain or tell my boss that I am the one doing all of the work. If I just do it and do it without wanting the recognition, I will get recognized in due time. I believe that with these past experiences, I will be able to have a good work ethic and a good attitude when I start my career once I graduate from college. Also, since I want to major in Interior Design, which is more of an individual job, I can still show others that I am good at what I do, rather than talking down about other designers. Having a good work ethic also means having a positive outlook on life.