Sam - 15108, Pennsylvania

Statistically over half of teens smoked marijuana sometime growing up and I was a little insignificant number in this statistical analysis. This may mean nothing to anyone outside my life but it meant everything to “my world”. The people around me knew what I was into, also that changed how they perceived me as a person and I didn’t like the person I saw in the mirror. I went from being a good pure kid to being a person that I would have made fun of or laughed at. All my life I was saying to others that I would never and I mean never even think about smoking pot, but all that changed. I fell in with the wrong croud and I got used to being worthless and having no ambition. The only thing I worried about was if my dealer was around. I just wish I could go back and get that year of my life that I wasted on something so stupid, not to mention all the money I wasted. I’m not saying I was addicted because you can’t get addicted to marijuana physically but that has nothing to do with the mental state I was in. I had this mindset that I couldn’t be satisfied or even go to bed for that matter without being sedated. It was pathetic; no scratch that, I was pathetic. My girlfriend left me, my friends left me, my parents talked to me even less than they did before, and to top it all off I was broke half of the time. It was all a vivid blur and to this day I can’t remember what was going through my mind the first time I tried smoking marijuana, but I know that it was the stupidest thing I have ever done. But like they say “stupid is as stupid does”, and I was stupid. Like a flash I quit, my girlfriend came back, my friends are by my side, and my parents decided to say hello every once in a great while again. Things went back to normal and I’m a clean man once again. I don’t laugh at those people that take drugs anymore because I was one of them but I overcame it and now I look back and laugh at myself and what I was doing to my wellbeing.