Cayla - Reno, Nevada

I Believe in Creativity

I believe in creativity. Without creativity, humans wouldn’t be able to express emotion. Creativity can come in many forms. Some are accepted and some aren’t… it depends on the eyes of the beholder. Some people can look at a painting and not enjoy it. Some people can read a book and disregard its message. And some people can listen to a song and not appreciate the quality of the instrument. The human race is a crazy thing.

Without creativity, I probably wouldn’t be the person I am today. Without art, I wouldn’t draw the way I do… without books I wouldn’t be “well read”… without music, I wouldn’t appreciate the things I appreciate now.

I appreciate the way a human can hold a pencil… the way a person can piece words together in a beautiful manner… and most of all I appreciate the human mind… for invention, for form, for creativity.

I cannot sit here and place a specific event in my life because it still continues on today. Creativity is never ending; it can never be placed in a specific spot. I still read like crazy. I still constantly draw. I still continue to listen to the beat of the drums… the rhythm of the bass… and the lyrics of a song. Without these things, to put it bluntly, I would not be myself.

The most beautiful thing about creativity is it cannot be manufactured… only created by the human mind. Artists of all form create things that they enjoy, and what others enjoy.

“An artist is someone who produces things that people don’t need to have but that he – for some reason – thinks it would be a good idea to give them.” The late great Andrew Warhola couldn’t have put it any better. Regardless, I believe in creativity, whether it is loved or hated, for the producer or the consumer, and without it, I wouldn’t be me.