Carol - Gretna, Louisiana

Hi,my name is Carol.I ask my self this question,am I where I want to be?The answer I gave was no,I am not where I want to be.

I had big dreams for my life.My plans were to work hard,save my money to buy my house,and retire from work to enjoy my self.I was on my way of doing just that.I founded a job that I loved doing and invested all my time in it.I work 12 hours a day and even on my off days I still came in and worked some one else shift.My job was in transportation.I drove school buses.

I worked in the school system for four years and loved every minute of it.I worked with special ed children.Then I left that and went to work at a mobile impaired transportation service,and I still was loving what I was doing.I worked there for about five years until hurricane katrina came and stoled my dreams away from me.

Everything that I had accomplished from the time I worked to the time the hurricane came was gone and so did my ability to go forward.It was too much for me to handle and I gave up.Depression hit me so hard that I could not think straight.I wanted to end my life over the things that i losted,now how silly was that?

Now today is a better day and in five years I see my self finishing college and having my own day care center.I see myself marry and living in our new house.I see my self helping mother’s coping with their babies that are handicap.I see my self going where every I am needed and this is my life.