Alyssa - Centennial, Colorado

In the past year and a half I have experience many ups, downs, twists and turns. In the past year I have also made many mistakes. But have also learned many things through my experiences. However, after going through all of this I believe that you can’t forget your past, but you have to live now to make your future. No matter what you have gone through you can’t let your past bring you down. But you have to look back and rise up from that to be a better person. You have to always live for the future, and live for yourself. I believe that you have to live an act for yourself first. If you are unable to act for your self, and help your self then how can others expect you to help them? I believe that no matter what the problem that you are dealing with, that the hardest thing about it is to admit that you have a problem, but the easiest part of dealing with it, it getting help for your problem. I remember about a year ago sitting on a bed, admitting my problem to the people I know it would hurt the most. And I would have to say that was one of the hardest moments of my life. It felt that way, because by admitting this I know how many people I would be disappointing. But by getting help I know that the number of people who would be happy for my getting the help I needed would out weigh the amount of disappointment. Through out this past year and a half of my life I have had too many experiences to count, that would support all of my philosophies for life, and I know that many other people would benefit from living by these’s philosophies.