LAUREN - CENTERVILLE, Ohio

I believe in the motto “Everything happens for a reason”. Through personal experiences and realizing things fall into place for a reason, made me believe in the motto.

When I was in Middle School, I had a couple of best friends. We did everything together at first; spending every moment laughing and joking around. Things changed over time and we all grew apart. We didn’t have that much fun together anymore and we always got into arguments. I was extremely hurt and thought I wouldn’t find anyone to fill their place in my life. I was wrong! I then found the greatest friends that I could ever ask for. We bonded and were all alike. This situation in my life made me realize that everything does happen for a reason. The old friends were only a stepping stone to find the best friends I now have.

Another situation that makes me live my life and follow this motto every day also took place in Middle School. I had been a dancer since the age of 5 and thought I would continue with the dream of dancing in the shows when I was older. The studio where I trained, asked me to join their dance company, but after thinking it over I declined. Everyone that I later talked to insisted that I rethink my decision. However, I stuck to my decision as I felt that there was something else out there for me. I soon found Cheerleading, the sport that I love with all my heart. If I didn’t stop dance, I wouldn’t be the happy girl I now am. Dancing wasn’t what I was supposed to do in my high school and maybe my college years. I was playing the field you could say.

Throughout these experiences in my life, I have realized that everything that happens in your life happens for a reason. There is a specific reason it is supposed to be in your life.